Client Delivery Engineer
Location: Toronto, ON
UXP is looking for an experienced software deployment engineer with client-facing experience who is capable of not only deploying and integrating great software but working directly with clients as the face of our development organization.
In this role, you will work alongside client delivery leads and professional services managers to deliver on client projects that integrate our product in varying ways. You will act as a technical resource for pre-sales opportunities, trials, lab work, proof-of-concepts, and implementations. As a result, you will occasionally travel out to visit and work with client implementation teams.
Back at the home base, you will interact with our developers and designers who are responsible for the Java APIs, data models, and system components that are part of our telecommunications service delivery platform. This platform enables seamless communication and content consumption across desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, and other hardware (like smart TVs).
- Lead software integration and deployment activities for clients
- Act as a technical resource and subject matter expert for pre-sales opportunities, product trials, lab work, and proof-of-concepts
- Work closely with clients, partners and internal resources to do the following:
- Develop integration that meet the requirements of the client
- Ensure successful delivery of the client solution
- Collaborate with client technical stakeholders to ease integration and develop positive rapport
- Research and suggest technical improvements to product based on real-world usage
- Be willing to travel to client sites as required
- Java and C++
- Strong Linux skills (setup, deploying maintaining)
- Experience with VM technology (VMWare, Virtualbox)
- Experience in Load Balancers, Firewalls and Proxies
- Strong interpersonal & people leadership skills are required
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact at all levels with customers and vendors
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Nice to Have
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years as a Software / IT delivery professional preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Strong background in developing efficient and effective algorithms and data structures
- Real-world work experience in large-scale systems and REST-based software architecture
- A passion for technology, learning, and the intersection of the two
- Experience developing for Mobile and with HTML5 technology
Ready to Apply?
If you think you'll be a good fit with us and the job sounds like it's up your alley, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please send us a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any relevant project or portfolio links to email@example.com.