Front-end Web Developer
Location: Toronto, ON
UXP is looking for an experienced front-end developer with real-world experience who is capable of working closely with a technical and agile team in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment.
In this role, you will work alongside a small team of developers and designers to realize web-based interfaces and workflows that power our telecommunications service delivery platform. This platform enables seamless communication and content consumption across desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, and other hardware (like smart TVs).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in semantic HTML5 and CSS3 (including transitions, animations, gradients, rounded corners, CSS3 layouts, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of DOM and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in developing web applications for iOS and Android devices
- Experience working with development best practices (version control, unit testing, and CI)
- Experience working with client-side templates
- Enthusiasm for open web technologies and keep up to date with latest technologies and standards
- A collaborative attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines
- Demonstrated solid web development experience in HTML5 and CSS
- Solid application architecture experience
- A great app portfolio that shows deep visual and user experience skills
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment and test driven development
- Experience in hybrid native and web apps on mobile devices
- BS. MS or PHD is a plus
- Passionate about user experience
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Scrum or other Agile development practices
- Comfortable with SASS/Compass, HAML, CoffeeScript
- Experience working with large-scale systems
- Using and extending the jQuery framework
- Experience with Java or C++ Development
- Experience with UNIX CLI tools
- A host of projects in github or bit bucket that we can peruse
- Experience developing native Mobile apps
Ready to Apply?
If you think you'll be a good fit with us and the job sounds like it's up your alley, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please send us a copy of your resume with the cover letter and a link to your GitHub profile or any relevant project and portfolio links to firstname.lastname@example.org.