Location: TorontoTerm: Full Time
UXP is looking for an experienced R&D Director to to lead our development team.
The software you will be helping to build is part of a telecommunications service delivery platform. This platform enables seamless communication and content consumption across desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, and other hardware (like smart TVs).
- Working for the VP of Product Development, contribute to evolution of product architecture, develop and communicate product roadmap, with planned release cycles, and believable resource plans
- Provide leadership in the use of best practices in Agile methodology and design for repeatability, usability, and testability.
- Manage the day-to-day development aspects of multiple projects; requirements documentation and analysis, scoping, planning, engineering, implementation, and new product introduction.
- Define and track team deliverables and release schedule using issue tracking sytem and source repository.
- Run daily scrums to assess risks in current schedule, clear blocks, and adjust roadmap deliverables
- Utilizing your considerable People Skills, monitor and manage project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with the team of software engineers to meet timelines and pre-defined release cycles.
- Monitor scope changes through the life of the software development.
- Problem solve, multi task, coordinate and schedule the team of software engineers, equipment and materials in accordance with the Projects Plan to ensure visibility and predictability.
- Develop and/or evolve Development Guidelines to improve consistency across products and to adherence to Architecture.
- Assess and, where appropriate, develop plans to integrate third party tools, add-ons, and interfaces that strengthen our product suite.
- As required, and consistent with your own development skills and experience, develop various features and/or fix bugs within the product.
- When and where appropriate, hire new resources to strengthen the software development team
Ready to Apply?
If you think you'll be a good fit with us and the job sounds like it's up your alley, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please send us a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any relevant project or portfolio links to email@example.com.